The workshops “the world and I” aim to develop essential life skills through travel-based themes.
In line with the new program of the Quebec Ministry of Education, CCQ, the three workshops, led by a qualified team, enable young people to open up to the world and enjoy an enriching learning experience.
- A series of 3 fun and educational workshops;
- Designed and led by qualified, experienced educators;
- Linked to the new CCQ program, Culture et citoyenneté québécoise, from the Ministère de l’éducation du Québec.
worshop 1: the backpacker
Young people are encouraged to fill their travel backpacks with information about themselves.
- We talk about our interests and values.
- We identify similarities and differences between ourselves and young people living elsewhere in the world.
- We ask ourselves why we travel.
workshop 2: travel journal
Young people are led to understand the usefulness of a travel journal.
- We talk about collecting information
- We identify what constitutes an outstanding moment, a memory…
- We reflect on the notion of sharing, of bearing witness
workshop 3: about you (storytelling)
Young people are encouraged to create their own traveller’s notebook in anticipation of a possible trip.
- We identify what we would like to experience on a future trip.
- We choose a way to create our story
Elementary school students in grades 5 and 6, and secondary school students in grades 1 to 5, as well as community organizations.
In class :
- Elementary school students in grades 5 and 6;
- Secondary school students in grades 1, 2, 4 and 5.
Outside class :
- For young people in grades 5 and up;
- In community organizations;
- In an extracurricular context.
*Places are limited.
The Edu GoPro team, made up of legally qualified teachers and education specialists, visits primary and secondary schools and community organizations.
75 minutes per workshop
Free – Expenses covered by the Saintlo Foundation